> and having workarounds there seem to be painful. I don't also want to
> have my own patched version of maven-ear-plugin.

Why not? There is no good reason why you couldn't produce your own
internally-versioned m-e-p (either a Snapshot or a "real" version
2.4.1ALEKSEY) assuming you have your own MRM set up (Nexus,
Artifactory, etc). This is a pretty common usage pattern for Maven
plugins IME, so you might as well get comfortable with it now.

> I had provided the
> patch which solves the issue [2], is there something I can do to make
> it appear in SNAPSHOT faster? Of course, if the patch is correct.

The patch alone is not sufficient. To make it appear "faster," you
also need to provide tests that demonstrate the functionality works as
intended etc.

Finally, the ear plugin did not appear to get many votes the last time
a survey was performed, so I'm unsure when that will be released next.
Take a look at this thread:
date: Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 1:45 PM
subject: [SURVEY] Which plugins would you like us to release?

Wayne