Hi Wayne,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not? There is no good reason why you couldn't produce your own
> internally-versioned m-e-p

This could spin off to theological discussion :) IMO, having
custom-patched components is much worse than pushing the patch
upstream, especially when the patch is trivial and problem manifests
in large number of cases (10 votes just for that issue). Even though I
could make my own patched version, it just feels right to get this in
upstream.

> The patch alone is not sufficient. To make it appear "faster," you
> also need to provide tests that demonstrate the functionality works as
> intended etc.

Ok, taking off the tests, is there something else? I'd like to hear
from EAR plugin committers (Stephane?) on this.

> Finally, the ear plugin did not appear to get many votes the last time
> a survey was performed, so I'm unsure when that will be released next.

I would be happy with SNAPSHOT version of the plugin, not the named
release. Doesn't snapshot version contain the latest code from the SVN
trunk?

Thanks,
Aleksey.