My project is a n ear project which has dependency to war  and jar
projects.
suppose I specify dependency in war pom file  for a servlet-api 2.4, it
works  there, that is any other dependecy whihc has transitive dependency
with a lower version  ot servlet-api   is ignored , but suppose my jar
project has transitive dependency for the same with a lower version , it
will not  know about the version decalred in war project and it  puts the
lower in ear file , so I end up with two differnt versions of the same jar
in my ear , please tell me hot to avoid this?