From:   Maczka Michal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Wednesday, June 09, 2004 2:33 AM
To:     'Maven Users List'
Subject:        RE: XML entities and forward compatibility

Because

a) How would you deploy POMs which contains external XML entities to say
ibiblio? The same problems - diffused files -
    may  affect continuous integration tools - more files more problems to
deal with

b) XML representation of POM is not the only available and I hope we will be
using mini databases for keeping them
   as this will enable faster processing. XML entities hve really no meaning
for databases and they are not so friendly
   for futute tools like visual POM editor.

d) imo ideally round trip XML -> Bean Model --> XML or  XML --> DB --> XML
should leave POM untouched.
   And it will be hard to do this with external entities

c) (most important) They won't be needed

michal