Hello,

First, I'm a newbie and just getting started.  I'm trying to proof out
an existing build that is currently using Ant, while also making a
determination of Maven is a good choice for new projects.

I have a situation that I don't believe is unique but I can't seem to
find all the info I'm looking for.  I have several projects with a
number of dependent jars.  The development team is anywhere from 10-30
developers depending upon the project.  We are using WSAD and have as
one of the projects in our workspace a webapp.  This webapp contains all
the dependent jars within the WEB-INF/lib folder.  All the other project
within the workspace are included as dependent jars in the EAR.  I would
prefer that the compile uses the jars in the lib folder.  This is the
ensure that the deployed runtime code is the same as what the developers
have developed against.  I know this goes against Maven's perferred
method of retrieving dependencies for the repository.  I know that I can
override this behavior, but I'm struggling with how to go about it.

I guess I could override the local repository to be the WEB-INF/lib, but
I'm not sure that will work due to the expected folder structure of the
repo.  I could also just not use the dependencies and add the jar to the
classpath.

Also, due to corporate defined standards, my jar names cannot contain
the version number (don't ask).  So I also need my jar dependencies to
be something like, log4j.jar instead of log4j-1.2.6.jar.  I have tried
eliminating the version from the dependency but I get, log4j-.jar
instead.

Randy Bielby