Thanks for the response. Allow me to try and explain again:

Since our stack is so large and consists of many projects, developers don't
build the entire stack from source, they only build the specific projects
that they work on. Dependencies on other projects in our stack should be
resolved from jars that are built by our continuous integration box and
deployed to the maven repository. So if I'm actively developing only two
projects I'd only want to build those two projects from source. All the
other project dependencies I'd want to be pulled in from the maven
repository as jars. I'm not sure how to manage this...

Josh