Just for the record, the structure here is a bit on the baroque side.

I have a set of top level projects. Each one inherits from a common
top-level parents.

The projects inside them do not inherit from their corresponding
top-level parent, the inherit from a different global parent.

Why? Because I have an antrun execution that has to happen in the
toplevel projects, and only in the toplevel projects. Thus, I can't
let the leaves inherit from the toplevel parent.

If there is some way to condition an execution so that it only runs in
the top project, I could make this a lot simpler.

   global-parent                             global-top-level-parent
          |                                             top-level-1