Hi Matthew,

we have also multi-module project with shared resources located in one module. Webapp folder is linked from other projects in pom.xml:

 <build>
   <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <configuration>
         <warName>app-portal</warName>
         <webResources>
           <resource>
             <directory>../lib-web/src/main/webapp</directory>
           </resource>
         </webResources>
       </configuration>
     </plugin>
   </plugins>
 </build>

Martin Schayna

Matthew McCullough wrote:
For resources used in multiple projects on a multi-module build, I'm trying to figure out possible/best practice approaches.

My client wants the files to be stored only once in VCS. So, right now they are doing maven-ant or maven-exec commands to copy the resources in.

I'm considering suggesting a resource jar that stands alone as an option.

Suggestions are appreciated.