Maven Users:

I have been searching for examples of how to make this work, but I must be
missing something.

We have a multimodule project, along these lines:

proj-parent

|-  modules

    |- module1

         |- target

             |- module1-1.0.0-classifiername.jar

    |- module2

         |- WebRoot

              |- XXX

module1's output is two jar files, one the standard output, and the other the
extra one defined with includes/excludes using the maven-jar-plugin and a
classifier.

What I want to do is include this attachment inside the module2 war artifact,
under that XXX folder. The WebRoot folder is defined to be the staging area for
the war artifact.

I have tried to use an assembly to do this, but it has no effect. The modules
project defines this in its build plugins:

      <plugin>

        <configuration>

          <descriptors>

            <descriptor>src/assemble/classifiername.xml</descriptor>

          </descriptors>

        </configuration>

      </plugin>

I put the classifiername.xml under the modules project in the src/assemble
folder, and it contains:

<assembly
xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0";

xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0

http://maven.apache.org/xsd/assembly-1.1.0.xsd<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0%20http:/maven.apache.org/xsd/assembly-1.1.0.xsd>">

  <moduleSets>

    <moduleSet>

      <includes>

        <include>*:module1</include>

      </includes>

      <binaries>

        <attachmentClassifier>classifiername</attachmentClassifier>

        <outputDirectory>module2/WebRoot/XXX</outputDirectory>

        <outputFileNameMapping>foo.jar</outputFileNameMapping>

      </binaries>

    </moduleSet>

  </moduleSets>

</assembly>

But, when I run mvn clean install, the war file does not contain the file, and
the build output never mentions it even tried to follow the instructions, no
errors either. How do I get this to work?

This artifact is a special jar that gets deployed to clients via the web using
Java Web Start, and this is a port of an existing project, so I cannot change
the internal folder layout of the war.

(Names of the artifacts and projects have been changed to protect the innocent.)

Tom Harris

P.S. This was posted on Monday 3/1, but nobody responded at all, and our team
really needs to move on this. Please help.