Hello again,
     We have recently moved to JIRA and in doing so are very excited that we
have been able to enable the jira-report provided by the
maven-changes-plugin.  We were using the changes.xml method of tracking
changes before this migration and using the announcement-mail goal at deploy
time.  This worked great as the announcement included any changes listed in
the changes.xml file.  Now that we have made the move to automatically track
changes via the jira-report goal, I would like to ask this:  can the
announcement-mail goal use the jira-report instead of the changes.xml file
in order to list the changes that were made for the current release?  If
not, is this something others would find useful?  I would be more than happy
to contribute should others want this as well but am hoping there exists a
way to include jira issues in the announcement-mail already.

Thanks,
-Ryan