Here's why:

I'm setting up sonar - a tool for code quality analysis. The way sonar is
run is:

"mvn sonar:sonar"

I'm using ANT to build my project. However, sonar requires a dummy pom.xml
file to trick it into saying it's a maven project. Then, Sonar will go and
descend into all the directories and complete static code analysis.

In my case, I need only specific directories to be analysed by Sonar. Hence,
I simply list these directories and feed it into the pom.xml file's
<sourceDirectory> property. This will allow sonar to analyse only those
modules.

Hence, I somehow need to figure out how I can feed these files one by one
into pom.xml and call mvn each time.