Here is a simple way to do that :

1 - You can set any property directly into the Maven command line :
mvn sonar:sonar -DsrcDirectory=/vol/myProject/src -DbinDirectory=...

2- You can retrieve those values into your pom.xml file :
<sourceDirectory>${srcDirectory}</sourceDirectory>
<outputDirectory>${binDirectory}</outputDirectory>

regards,

Freddy Mallet
www.SonarSource.com
Sonar.codehaus.org