I'm beginning to see this now. I was asked to look at a number of products that
we may use on a large ATG/jsp project we'll be working on. Hudson,
CruiseControl, Maven and Ant. I don't any of us knows much about them, but I
have to sort out the differences in each. I think I'm leaning towards a pairing
of Hudson/Maven pairing, but it's still early.

Thx for the reply.

On Apr 7, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Adam Purkiss wrote:

> They are two different products that work well together rather then competing
> products. Why are you testing them?
>

> Hudson put simply is a CI server that you provide Maven/Ant/Shell scripts etc
> to and it does builds and you can generate reports about, Maven is a project
> comprehension tool that can be used as a way to build software, manage
> dependancies and also run other tools on code.
>

> My descriptions are basic at best but I think you are trying to compare two
> things that I would be using together and not instead of so maybe a better
> understanding of what your objective is would help answer the question.
>
>> From: lore...@thethurmans.com
>> Subject: Maven and Hudson
>> Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:59:05 -0500
>> To: users@maven.apache.org
>>
>> I hope this question is suitable for the list, if not apologies.
>>
>> Can someone give me a comparison between Maven and Hudson? I'm in the
>> process of testing both of these, but would like some opinions on the
>> strengths/weaknesses of the product.
>> Thanks
>>
>> "My Break-Dancing days are over, but there's always the Funky Chicken"
>> --The Full Monty
>>
>> Lorenzo Thurman
>> lore...@thethurmans.com

> Got a phone? Get Hotmail & Messenger for mobile!
> http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724464

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."
  -- Henry David Thoreau

Lorenzo Thurman
lore...@thethurmans.com