yes, have a look on the site I've pointed to:
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Extensions

You just need to define an extension (or multiple) inside the build element
  <build>
    <extensions>
      <extension>
..

You must reference the classpath extension (i.e. the artifact) the Maven
way, like you would do with dependencies. With other words, the referenced
artifact must be Mavenized.

Michael