I am trying to generate Javadocs for a project that is conceptually an
aggregate of several other projects. I am using the information from
this page as a guide:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/aggregate-dependency-sources.html

That page indicates that you can use the includeDependencySources option
to have the Javadoc plugin download the source JARs for dependencies and
include them in the sources against which Javadocs are generated.
However, I am unable to get it to work.  The Javadoc plugin does indeed
recognize this option, which I can ascertain by the fact that if source
JARs for any dependencies are not available it fails with an error.

I have tried using both dependencySourceExcludes and
dependencySourceIncludes, but no matter how I craft these options the
Javadocs for dependencies are never included.  When I execute mvn
javadoc:jar, for example, I receive a bunch of messages on the terminal
indicating that Maven is trying to download javadoc resources but source
JARs for dependencies are not downloaded and the generate Javadoc does
not include dependency sources.

Here is how I have configured the Javadoc plugin in my POM:

  <plugin>
    <version>2.7</version>
    <configuration>
        <includeDependencySources>true</includeDependencySources>

<includeTransitiveDependencySources>false</includeTransitiveDependencySources>
        <dependencySourceIncludes>

<dependencySourceInclude>org.terracotta.toolkit:*</dependencySourceInclude>
        </dependencySourceIncludes>

    </configuration>
  </plugin>

I've attached the complete POM for your perusal, in case you might find
that information helpful, and the output of the mvn javadoc:jar command
is also available here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/432246/

Is this a bug in the Javadoc plugin, or am I somehow using it
incorrectly?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--
Jason Voegele
No matter who you are, some scholar can show you the great idea you had