zm wrote:

> Anders Hammar wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure we understand each other. I'm asking you to just skip this
>> part
>> of the war-plugin configuration:
>>                                        <archive>
>>                                                <manifest>
>>
>>  <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
>>
>> <classpathPrefix>lib/</classpathPrefix>
>>                                                </manifest>
>>                                        </archive>
>>
>> You should still keep this:
>> <warSourceExcludes>WEB-INF/lib/*.jar</warSourceExcludes>
>>
>> /Anders
>>

> I'll will try that, and see the results.

I've just tried it, and as far as I can tell, an EJB requires manifest
classpath to resolve dependencies, but a WAR module requires no WEB-INF\lib
and no manifest classpath to resolve them, as long as all dependencies are
available in the EAR package itself.

Now this just doesn't seem like a good practice ... but maintaining
dependencies on a big project really is a PITA ...

One strange thing I noticed when using an EJB client, was that although in
the WAR pom I only have a dependency to type "ejb-client", it correctly
inserts the client EJB on manifest classpath, but the WEB-INF\lib folder
ended with the full EJB package. Don't know if it is a bug on the war
plugin, but anyway I'll test this again.

Note: I have no clue why some of my posts are multi-submitted ... I'm
starting to suspect of my FF browser ... but it's strange, though. :-| I'll
post this one with keyboard only.