>> That is not that easy. I depend on JavaFX jars. And it is additional
>> work to add those (that are about 15) to the repository for every
>> developer.
>> Setting a system property (javafx.home) is much easier....
>
> The best solution is to get the JavaFX jars into Central or another
> Maven repository. Spend some of your energy on that...

True. We had the same problem with Android and hope to get into central
soon. In the meantime I wrote a tool that deploys a whole bunch of jars.
You can follow the pattern I used to create your own for javafx.

http://github.com/mosabua/maven-android-sdk-deployer

The flex mojos guys have another tool that might be even better that you
can use too. Check out the bundle publisher maven plugin. More here

https://docs.sonatype.org/display/FLEXMOJOS/Installing+Flex+SDK+into+maven+repository

manfred