On 26 May 2010 01:02, leonfranzen <leon_fran...@tvworks.com> wrote:

> For now, my plan is to :
> 1. Build the DependencyNode tree with the maven DependencyTreeBuilder for
> the top-level POM
> 2. Traverse the tree and find each war Node
> 3. Serialize the node tree to disk
> 4. Separately run the dependency node serializer on each of the war
> projects
> found in step 2.
> 5. Deserialize all of the separate trees and assemble an aggregate
> dependency node tree.
>
> I'll wait to see if I'm missing some sort of filter configuration that's
> simply chucking out war dependency results, but I have a suspicion that
> Maven just doesn't resolve transitive war dependencies and that it would

There is a components.xml that defines the war packaging.  in that
components.xml it says that war is not a classpath dependency type (which is
correct because war files usually contain their dependencies), so the net
result is that when you build the classpath from the list of dependencies,
the transitive deps of war files will be ignored by design. But AFAIK
dependency:tree will show those deps