Thanks for the advice, I've already installed it and began uploading my artifacts. Thanks!

On May 26, 2010, at 19:57, "Ron Wheeler" <rwhee...@artifact- software.com> wrote:

Save yourself a lot of grief and needless screwing about.
Install the free version of Nexus.
1) Solves one of your immediate problems - It gives you a good place to put third party libraries.
2) Gives you a lot more visibility into the "Maven way"
3) Forces you to come to grips with Releases and Snapshots early in the process - add clarity to your development process. 4) Encourages you to build proper utility libraries and sharable artifacts. Everyone is pulling their stuff from the same place. 5) Reduces the jar equivalent of DLL hell. You can see what versions are available. YOu don't have to search all over the place for libraries.

and more.

I wish we had done this when we first started with Maven.
Would have saved us months of time guessing our way through Maven and various project structures, dependency issues, library version nonsense, etc.

Ron