Nexus can utilize anything contained in the repository. Whether a piece of
metadata exists alongside the artifact or within it, a Nexus plugin could be
created to process the information. So you don't need to change the way Grails
plugins are packaged in order to extract the metadata and make it available. We
know from experience that Nexus is perfect for plugin systems :-)