Von: Andreas Sewe [mailto:s...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Juni 2010 10:55
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Maven Best Pratices: Where to place generate re(sources)?

Hi all,

I have a project which uses dependency:unpack to grab Java sources as
well as some binary resources from a JAR. The Java sources thus
"generated" have then to be compiled, the binary resources must simply
wind up in the project's artifact.

At the moment, I unpack the Java sources into
${project.build.sourceDirectory} and the resources into
src/main/resources in the generate-sources and generate-resources
phases, respectively. This setup, however, has one disadvantage: neither
the source nor resource directories are cleaned when in the clean
lifecycle phase. But this is desirable for generated (re)sources. Of
course, I can configure the m-clean-p appropriately, but the less
configuration the better, right?

So, what are best practices to handle a situation like this? Should I
rather unpack the (re)sources to a directory somewhere below
${project.build.directory}? (This is what dependency:unpack does by
default, after all.) But this would require use of the buildhelper-m-p,
for otherwise the unpacked sources won't be picked up by the compiler. :-(

Any advice?

Andreas Sewe