Having different "flavors" of your artifacts, depending on which environment
you build for is not recommended. In Maven, a specific artifact defined by
GAV (i.e. a specific version of your artifact) cannot (should not) change.
We've had numerous discussions regarding this on the list. It simply isn't
the Maven way.
What you should do, is to try to keep your configuration separated from your
binaries. And then create separate artifacts (either through classifiers or
different projects) for each environment. And in your build process, by
default, you build them all.

/Anders

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 14:58, Mariyan Nenchev <mnenc...@trinitascapital.com