I guess the repository is not an issue. I can't deploy the jars/wars/ears
with artifact-x.z.y-snapshot name formatting.

Since I will not use Maven's deployment mechanism I think I will resort to
the dependency plugin. It will in a sense mimic what happens now. Artifacts
are ftp-ed from M1 repository (jars/wars/ears directories) to final
destination. I will just have one common directory instead of 3.

Thank you Wendy for pointing me to Dependency plugin!

If it works as intended I will share my solution soon.

Thanks,
Dave