On 25/06/2010 11:00 AM, Shan Syed wrote:
I don't know what your webapp does, so it's hard for me to describe how it
could be broken up; but personally, if I had a webapp that relied on 50
dependencies (and as a result, 50+ jars), I would try to identify how I
could modularize it and move the service layer to actual independent web
services or something, that are called/invoked by the actual front-end

Exactly!
50 dependencies is not hard to get to if you like Apache stuff and don't like writing stuff that already exists.
Spring, Hibernate, Mysql, Tomcat
Commons-xxxx ---- easy to get 20+ of these just to support the above. Add a few more in to support MS-Office docs, file uploads, etc.
Jasper
JSF
CXF
Jetspeed in our case since we are building portals.

Ron