It would be nice to be able to represent any Maven GAV in a string.  Does
such a standard exist?

A good use case is for plugins that allow input configuration file paths.
If there was a reusable component that took an ArtifactResolver and a
String, then any plugins that currently accept file locations as Strings
could passively add GAV capability.

e.g. with Clover plugin, I can give the path for the license file, but if I
want to store the license in the company's internal Maven repo (and thus get
the advantage of Maven versioning), I have to jump through some dependency
plugin hoops to get it in the right place at the right time.  I'd like to be
able to just give the Clover plugin a GAV URN and have it download what it
needs