On Jul 2, 2010, at 4:15 PM, Kathryn Huxtable wrote:

> And given that the reporting stuff is baked into the pom, I'd consider that
> stuff to be part of Maven, but apparently you folks disagree. I think you're
> very wrong.

We emphatically disagree. But we've put in all the hooks so that it can remain
in the POM so that the folks who want to maintain the site plugin can preserve
backward compatibility for users. You're more then welcome to support the site
plugin effort. Reporting is a separate concern from building which is why we
separated them. That they are decoupled is a good thing.

I believe it should be removed from the POM and all the configuration should go
to the site plugin. This way other implementations for producing sites can also
follow the same pattern.

> Not about the shell, but about site, etc.
>
> -K
>
> On Jul 2, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Open source project plans always change. Maven 3.x itself is the priority,
>> full support for the shell will come when that's finished first.
>>
>> On Jul 2, 2010, at 3:53 PM, asookazian wrote:
>>

>>> http://www.parleys.com/#sl=34&st=5&id=1630
>>>
>>> see 32:05!
>>> --
>>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
>>
>> -- Shakespeare

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition