Shan Syed wrote:
ok, thanks
basically for liability reasons for a certain project, we have to provide
specific times of when a project was built and when/where all its
dependencies were retrieved at/from
we have to ensure a sanitary build for all these JARs and a complete log of
going from 0 to 100 for the build; so we are faced with either clearing out
the .m2 each time
I was wondering if there was a way to force this through maven
I'd say there are two sides to your problem: one is how to control when third-party artifacts are downloaded from remote repositories and the other is to control when and from which sources your own artifacts are built.

One way to tackle the first problem is to use a repository manager like nexus, but not its proxying capabilities. Instead third party artifacts could be added to a specific repository by hand.

For the second problem you could use a specifically tailored aggregate project that included all of the jars you need to build, so that none would be retrieved from repositories. If you are using Subversion for version control you could use svn:externals to automatically check out of your projects.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti