I change goals from release:perform to install instead of the default
deploy.

But maven ignores my profile 'release' for phase 'install'. It works when I
call mvn install -P release. But not when I call mvn release:perform -P
release.

It gives the beautiful: Profile with id: 'release' has not been activated.

Any ideas why maven makes it so trivial?

            <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>

<version>2.0</version>

<configuration>

<tagBase>svn://saoj-la.dyndns.org/webapp-test/tags</tagBase>

<connectionUrl>scm:svn:svn://saoj-la.dyndns.org/webapp
-test/trunk</connectionUrl>

<goals>install</goals>

</configuration>

</plugin>

        </plugins>

        <finalName>HelloWebApp</finalName>

    </build>

    <profiles>

    <profile>

    <id>release</id>

    <activation>

    <property>

    <name>performRelease</name>

    <value>true</value>

    </property>

    </activation>

    <build>

    <plugins>

                    <plugin>

                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

                        <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>

                        <executions>

                            <execution>

                                <phase>install</phase>

                                <goals>