2010/8/23 sebb <seb...@gmail.com>

> 2010/8/23 Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>:
> > I think it could help you :
> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html
>
> Thanks - but it does not really cover the Apache case where a shared
> repo is used.

Sorry. I don't know Apache infra well, but I don't understand why the
relocation won't suit your needs. Could you clarify?

The principle is simple :
* change whatever you want in your pom groupId/artifactId
* publish both the resulting new artifact, and only a pom in the old place,
so that maven will find it, display a warning and continue gracefully.
* Do that for two or three releases for examples, to give users time to
update
* Finally, continue releasing on the new place, and no more in the old one.

Cheers

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !