I am using version 2.0 of the release plugin to tag a new version of my
multi-module application, but at the end when it goes to commit to SVN SCM, I
get the following:

[INFO] Unable to tag SCM
Provider message:
The svn tag command failed.
Command output:
svn: Path 'svn://<SVN IP>/data/svn/client/myapp/tags/myapp-1.1.rc4' does not
exist in revision 5218

To be fair, that's true--myapp-1.1.rc4 isn't a folder in the SVN tags folder.
But I figured the plugin would create it and put my source code underneath.

Another weird thing is that the poms are updated to 1.1.rc4 and committed to
the trunk and checked out to my local machine. The expected behavior is for
1.1.rc5-SNAPSHOT to be in the trunk and on my local while the 1.1.rc4 is in the
tagged version.

Here is the plugin configuration:

         <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.0</version>
                <configuration>
                    <updateWorkingCopyVersions>false</updateWorkingCopyVersions>
                    <preparationGoals>clean install</preparationGoals>
                    <goals>clean install</goals>
                    <arguments>-Dmaven.test.skip</arguments>
                    <tagBase>svn://<SVN IP>/data/svn/client/myapp/tags
</tagBase>
                    <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Any advice on how to get the expected behavior is appreciated.

Thanks.