Hi,

Yes, first local and remote maven repository doesn't contain the same
metadata.
And by the way, accessing a local repository by many instances isn't
concurrent-safe (at least, in maven 2, I don't know precisely what's been
done for maven 3, particularly along the parallel build evolution). So, both
must be avoided.

You also better want to isolate every hudson build from each other, having a
local repository by job. And wiping those jobs regularly.
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/01/maven-continuous-integration-best-practices/
<http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/01/maven-continuous-integration-best-practices/>And
a specific setting for hudson on my blog:
http://batmat.net/blog/post/2009/10/09/[Hudson]-How-to-set-a-private-maven-repository-by-job-and-easily-be-able-to-delete-them
.

Cheers