On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net> wrote:
> Not sure I understand. But basically, the end user controls the transitive
> dependencies. Your artifacts can't do that. So if he wants to use version A
> of Clojure, he can do that regardless of the version of your artifacts he's
> using (it might not work though).

Ok, this was one of the things I was trying to figure out.  Say that
"Bob" is working on "Project Bob" (not affiliated with Microsoft ;)
which declares a dependency on Clojure 1.0.0 and clojure.contrib.sql
1.3.0.

Meanwhile, clojure.contrib.sql has a dependency (via the
dependencyManagement section of its parent POM) on Clojure 1.2.0.

This *is* possible in Clojure, although perhaps unlikely.

Will Maven fail with an error, or just silently choose Clojure 1.2.0?

-S