Hi all,

Before I go down the road of writing my own plugin, can anyone tell me
if there already exists a plugin that provides this functionality?

1. Resolve all dependencies using functionality similar to dependency:tree.
    - (only fetch poms to local repo, not the jar/zip/etc package)
2. Perform the following steps for each dependency (in reverse
dependency order):
    a. Read the scm connection out of the dependency pom.
    b. Perform an scm:checkout for the dependency.
    c. Compile and install the dependency.

The reasons for wanting a plugin to do this are:
1. Automate checking out the corresponding source code of dependencies.
    a. Make it easier to modify dependencies.
       (but of course, the changes can't be committed directly from
where the tag was checked out)
2. Avoid downloading binary packages (for remote employees it may be
faster to build the code than to download binaries).

Any advice on how to approach this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phillip