On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what I did to screw things up, but lately it is failing
> to download plugins because it is trying to use a version that doesn't
> exist.  I'm using Nexus as a mirror of everything.
>
> E.g., I just tried to do a "mvn archetype:create" to create a new
> plugin and it gave an error because it's trying to download the
> maven-archetype-plugin version 2.0-alpha-6, which doesn't exist.
>
> What did I do that screwed things up?  Is something wrong with Nexus?
> Do I need to do a sync or something?

I tried Expire Cache, Rebuild Metadata, ReIndex, etc. and I'm still
having problems :( How did a version 2.0-alpha-6-SNAPSHOT for the
maven-archetype-plugin get into Nexus and how do I get rid of it?
Another one is the maven-help-plugin; it wants to use version
2.2-SNAPSHOT which isn't available.

Please help!  This is driving me nuts; I'm tired of typing everything
out the long way, e.g.:
   mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help-plugin:2.1.1:help
instead of
   mvn help:help

Phillip