On 27/10/2010 1:51 AM, Anders Hammar wrote:
While on the topic, I'd like to mention that having a different build
(through profiles for example) for each environment is not good. In Maven,
there can only be one flavor of a released artifact. So if you build v1.0 of
your war, cannot rebuild it with a different content.

What you should do is build different artifacts for each environment. Use
classifiers or, in my opinion even better, different Maven projects. This
have been discussed several times on this list about a month ago or so.

And should be in the "Best Practices" section of the documentation so that people know that this is settled law.
/Anders