> This is not m-e-p's problem. Stop renaming your projects if you want
> to use m-e-p and use it to regenerate the .project files. Keep the
> name as the artifactId, or change the artifactId in the pom to meet
> your needs.

Lets assume a person is working on two different version (two releases being
developed in parallel).  They will both have the same artifact ID but
eclipse forces a different project name.  I don't think asking m-e-p to
offer this functionality is really an isnane request.

The eclipse:eclipse plugin has worked perfectly fine as I have used it minus
this one issue.  The resolution was extremely easy.

Including a new configuration parameter the method createEclipseWriterConfig
just needs

        if(evaluateArtifactsFromEclipseWorkspace){
                        projectName = projectBaseDir.getName();
        }

Problem solved.