Hi again,

for those having the same issue, others have already posted at jasperforge :

see
http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=102&forumid=103&topicid=80434

what is strange is that Mister Teodor Danciu (creator of JasperReports)
doesn't remember having external dependencies in jasperforge repo...

To be continued...

PS: another solution stated in this thread is the use of the <mirror/> tag
in your settings.xml, which i just tested and worked greatly...