That’s jar hell man. It’s a problem that exists whether or not maven is
involved.

I forget the exact formula maven uses if 2 versions of the same jar are found.
It will pick one of the two.  If you decide it picked the wrong one, you can
override it using the dependencyManagement section of the top pom.