Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a maven 2.x build system to a maven 3.x build system and have run in to a problem with the fact that profiles.xml is no longer supported. Our current build iconfigures the built .ear file based on build properties supplied in profiles.xml. These properties are used to configure which features in the application are activated based on the client for which the application is being built. It also contains environment specific configuration information (database connection info, remote service urls, etc etc). We basically created a profiles.xml for each client, and then our build server (hudson) had a build track for each deployment which would use the correct profile.

Now that profiles.xml is no longer supported, I don't have a place to put all of this information. We have a lot of these profiles files so I don't want this information added in to our pom directly. Modifying settings.xml in a hudson build seems like a bad idea, since then if multiple hudson builds are run at once, they would impact eachother.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to work around this?

Thanks,

Scott