..or my favorite:
Change to the Maven Way(tm)! What you're doing is not, IMHO, the correct
way. I guess you're not doing Maven deploys to a remote repo as you would
end up with different flavors of a project's artifact? Which can't happen as
releases mustn't change.

What you should do is to either separate each customer build with a
classifier (one project for all customers) or one project for each customer.
In the latter case you would build the "standard" artifact in one project
and then do some kind of overlay in the Maven projects producing the
customer artifacts.

/Anders