Are these sources of snapshots or releases?

If snapshots it may be that the sources were deployed with a different
timestamp, in which case the maven metadata my not be letting maven 3 find
the artifacts.

IIRC Maven 3 pays more attention to the metadata, whereas Maven 2 might not
trust it as much (but I could be wrong, my recollection is fuzzy)

-Stephen