On 03/12/2010 1:09 PM, Phillip Hellewell wrote:
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:22 AM, Anders Hammar<and...@hammar.net>  wrote:
Phillip, you should notice (once again) that fighting Maven best practice is
causing you extra trouble. You should create a mojo that cleans these files.
You always jump on me so quickly about this, but I haven't even done
anything yet except ask for advice about a fairly simple problem.  But
since enough people have mentioned replacing my batch file with a
plugin, that is looking very desirable right now.
Don't let the flack get to you.
I have followed your questions since you started.
You have done the right thing that most people do not have the courage to do. You ask questions and you generally ask questions the right way(strategic first, details later).

From the speed at which your conversion to Maven appears to be going, I think that you have done the right thing.

You seem to have a pretty strong ego and a thick skin to deal with some of the comments.
Keep it up.

Ron

But you should know, the issue is so minor that I can pretty much
ignore it without any real problems.  Also, one of my goals is to fix
things so all generated files go below target/ (at the moment, there
are a few that don't); once that happens I won't need to do anything
special in the pre-clean phase.

Phillip

P.S.  Just to give a little more background for those who are curious:
what I have right now is a build-tools component that provides a
little batch file called buildsln.bat that essentially locates
msbuild.exe and runs it for a given .sln.  You can also pass a /clean
to get it to clean the solution.  Even though it is just a simple
batch file right now, I think converting it into a plugin as many have
suggested will probably be better in the long run.