Hi,

I'm pretty new to Java and Maven, so my question may be very naive
and/or stupid, apologies for that.
I'm trying to compile an open-source project (if that matters, it's
https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/4832 ), which is supposed
to be built with Maven. I've got Maven 3 installed (Apache Maven 3.0.1
(r1038046; 2010-11-23 10:58:32+0000)). This pretty small project
depends on a larger one (Atlassian JIRA), which has some Maven
support, but the public repos are not well maintained, and there are a
lot of broken dependencies, therefore the dependency resolution
process fails.
However, I have all of the first level (direct) dependencies resolved.
As far as my knowledge goes, it's enough to have the first level
dependencies to compile a Java project, and that's exactly what I
want. Is there a way to tell Maven to stop resolving >2 level
dependencies, and just try compiling the project? I tried to Google
for this, no luck; and the guides on mvn dependency resolution don't
help either.

Thanks,
Mate