Hello Tamas,

1) Sources are checked out from SVN to the local drive.
2) Yes, missing dependencies. The problems stem from things like
missing maven-metadata files in the public repos. (I've checked that,
the repo maintainers do know about the inconsistencies, but they
refuse to fix it.)
3) I've done all of that, and I've manually checked the online repos
-- the dependency chain is broken, -U, :purge-local-repository does
not help, and my network connection is all right.

I could go and fetch all the required jars/wars/etc. manually and
deploy them into my internal repo, but I want to avoid that if it's
possible.

Udv,
Mate