On 01/06/2011 08:05 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Steve Cohen<sco...@javactivity.org>  wrote:

But I would rather not, if possible, redesign my entire build process. I'd
like to be able to modify it to call "mvn deploy" instead of "mvn install".
  Of course this won't work with the nexus repository.  So my question is, is
there a way to tell maven, when building an assembly of modules,

a) to only build release modules if their POM version number is not already
in the repository,
or
b) alternatively, to simply not try to deploy release modules that already
are in the repository
or
c) not to fail the whole build when an attempted deployment of a module
fails for this reason?

Set all your versions to end in -SNAPSHOT, that way you can leave them
in the aggregated build without the repository manager complaining on
deploy.

Yes, I suppose I could do that (which is pretty much what I did before), but it sort of defeats the whole purpose of what I'm trying to accomplish here, which is, be a little more organized about what is release and what is in development.

If one of the modules is stable, do a release of it and have the other
modules depend on that released version (but you can still build the
next snapshot in your aggregator build.)

Is what you are saying, then, that I need to "comment out" the stable modules as modules in the aggregator project? That would pull them from the repo (they are then just dependencies, like third party jars)? It would be nice not to have to mess with the POMs in this way. That's what I'm looking for.