You should add the "external" libraries (I assume you mean third party
libraries?) as artifacts to a remote repo. What you need is a repository
manager (like Nexus), where you upload these artifacts (libs). That will
make them accessible for all your devs. Then you just declare dependencies
to them like any dependency.

/Anders