> I have uploaded my project file here in Rapishare
> http://rapidshare.com/files/443396415/je.zip . If possible , pls Run it from
> your Computer  . May be the error detection will be easier then.

I downloaded your project and ran it. The only failure I encountered
was related to a missing dependency that was causing all of your
javax.persistence references to fail.

I added the following to the chapter02/pom.xml file:
<dependency>
    <groupId>javax.persistence</groupId>
    <artifactId>persistence-api</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

and poof, everything worked just fine. I don't know what is causing
your problems with the compiler etc, but try adding this dependency
and see if things work a little better for you.

Wayne