> I haven't tried that, but what I read from the Maven-pages, it doesn't
> understand wildcards like that... But I can try though...
I thought it would work, but I am not sure - I have to admit ...

> Then again, it would only work if the repositories are actually named
> like that, and I can't always influence that (3rd party!)...
You use the repository IDs in the 'mirrorOf' configuration, and those IDs are defined in Your pom.xmls or Your settings.xml, where You define the remote repositories You want to use - this means that You should be able to influence that.
Or did I misunderstand Your problem?

> Ah well, for now I'll take the Nexus-solution[1] and explicitly add a
> snapshot-repository that is always active.
OK, if You have everything in one Nexus, creating a repository group for all of Your repositories (even including proxy repos) is the best way, of course.