> Partially true. For my own repositories, this will work. However,
> Maven also checks the repositories defined in all dependencies and
> those I have no influence over.
I normally define a mirror that also covers those repositories (using a wild card and/or a thirdparty mirror definition like the one I stated in the other post), because it's very annoying when Maven attempts to fetch dependencies from each and very repository that is defined somewhere - sometimes those builds can take really long. Of course, You're right that You can't differentiate between release and snapshot repositories. I didn't take that in account, because I don't rely on thirdparty snapshots ...

> Would've been great if Maven had an option to mirror types of
> repositories (release/snapshot) as well as id's.
I think that would be a good idea. Could be worth it filing a feature request in the Maven Jira.