Hello,

I want to validate XML files, but the module description below only detects the false format pattern in Java files. Although also using the property "fileExtensions" additionally [1], I don't get my XML files validated. I'm using version 2.6 of the Maven checkstyle plugin and define and reference my configuration accordingly [2] (the checkstyle xml config is processed correctly except that the RegexpSingleline definition does not work). -- Maybe I'm a bit blind, how can I configure it to make it apply to XML files as well? Or should I better stick to a different checkstlye module? Thanks!!!

<module name="Checker">
   <module name="RegexpSingleline">
     <property name="severity" value="warning" />
     <property name="format" value="findme\s+$" />
     <property name="message" value="bug!" />
   </module>
</module>

[1] http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_regexp.html
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/examples/custom-checker-config.html